Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thing 10

What fun!!! I especially enjoyed Custum Sign Generator, Big Huge Labs, Dumpr, and Wordle.


There seems to be a theme for me. I was pleasantly overwhelmed by the many choices there are for creating unique images. I have also noticed that I am quick to discover which sites work best for me due to the formats and my interest level. For instance, I found
Happy Face Generartor to be way too happy for me and Glogster was cool but seemed to be geared more for teenage girls.



I could see using these image sites in the classroom for activities such as reading response activities to literature and visual aides to support research. Also, these activities would be great for student technology portfolios. My second graders would eat this up! It is fun and creative and I love having all the options for my students (okay, me too!).

3 comments:

  1. I am curiois about your statement regarding Glogster being for teen girls...there is a whole School section that might change your mind and give you ideas for your classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the examples you posted of your explorations. I can't wait for you to show me how you did some of them. You say you would use some of these as visual aides to support research. I was wondering what you meant by that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VWB: I see your point about the School Section of Glogster. I will explore it. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete