Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing 8

The reader with subscribed feeds is fabulous! I loved being able to use the Google Reader's staff suggestions as a starting place because I was a bit overwhelmed at first.

This technology simplifies the gathering of new information. The main advantages that I see are being plugged into current topics and being able to get ideas by looking at other people's readers (if they are public). It is really mind boggling to me! The amount of information that is out there is incredible, but more importantly the sharing of the information is critical for continuing our learning and experiences.

A favorite professional feed that I love is about children's literature. How refreshing it will be to keep up with current books as well as get other people's opinions and/or ideas about literature. Personally, I was thrilled to find a feed for People Magazine to keep me up to date on entertainment stories.

The use of readers by librarians, teachers, and administrators is numerous. How this is done is going to depend on individual needs, but the potential for knowledge as well as networking is too good for this to not be incorporated into our professional lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment