Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing 12

The article regarding ways to increase comments on your blog gave some great advice. Much like active participation is a key part of teaching lessons, participation on a blog is an essential element. Communication is the point to blogging, right? I also thought the concept of meaningful, well-mannered comments was important. Respect is always a good thing even if you are not face-to-face.


I have posted a couple of comments of Library2Play blogs already and will continue to do so in the future.

I posted to A Second Grade Teacher's Blog. It took a lot of searching to find a blog that fit my interests of second grade technology projects. I found this blog and though the teacher, Patti Harju, is well beyond my technological skills, I did recognize "wiki" and "skype" so I read on and found some great inspiration. I commented on Patti's blog regarding future collaboration amongst our classes, and she agreed. I put a feed to Patti's site on my blog. I will continue to look for other blogs that are of interest and relevance to me.

2 comments:

  1. Could you hot link that blog title so we could click directly on it and go for a visit?

    in your post box, you highlight the words, click on the little chain icon on th post box toolbar, past the url of the site...be sure you republish your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for linking! doesn't it make it so easy to go all the great places this way!

    she does have a lot of good things...I have just begun to explore Glogster myself and was glad to see she used it with young students.

    ReplyDelete